Senior Director, Data Center Operations
Virtustream, an EMC Federation company, is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company’s infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with innovation and development centers in Palo Alto; Atlanta; Waldorf, Germany; Sofia, Bulgaria and Bangalore, India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Dallas, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Sydney with data center locations around the world. Virtustream was acquired by EMC Corporation on July 9, 2015, Read Press Release for more details.
Principal Duties and Responsibility:
- Provides direct management of management of senior technical staff and/or technical supervisors and managers, and assigns projects and directs staff’s activities
- Develop automation, processes, and tools to make deploying and supporting the infrastructure simpler, more reliable and faster
- Establishes and maintains systems that provide solutions to customer questions and problems
- Ensures representatives are properly trained when old products are upgraded or new products are released
- Analyzes and responds to operational, productivity and customer satisfaction data
- Collaborates with various departments to meet maintenance services sales goals
- Works with the team /customers and/or distributors to receive accurate account of equipment failures and provides reports to leadership
- Ensures network documentation is developed and maintained
- Leads the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance management and coaching of team members
- Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience and resolution according to Dell standards
- Interacts with cross-functional groups to solve business and customer issues
- Responsible for driving and delivering key performance indicators
- Drives and reviews customer service metrics for overall department
- Acts as operational leader for customer service organization
- Drives coordination with cross- segment functions
- Determines overall business direction and strategic changes in the organization
- Expert leadership and team building skills
- Hands-on experience in designing and operating network infrastructures
- Strong knowledge of network security concepts, firewalls and load balancers
- Experience with large data centers from a networking perspective
- Designing and architecting of networking systems knowledge
- Cloud-scale networks experience
- Must be a technical leader with customer service skills
- Expert project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of product lines, technical knowledge, customer care, sales, policies and procedures
- Expert customer service skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Expert with automation and complex networking
- Knowledge of Unix and Windows servers, VMWare, as well as, their networking capabilities and requirements
- Understands the business environment, internal and external factors that influence performance
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Typically 18+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 10+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
When you choose Virtustream, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. EMC will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants except in very limited circumstances identified by law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Virtustream is the enterprise-class cloud software and services provider trusted by enterprise customers worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud.
For businesses, cloud service providers and government agencies, only Virtustream enterprise-class cloud solutions meet the security, compliance, performance and efficiency requirements needed to migrate and manage the most complex mission-critical applications across hybrid, private or public cloud environments.
Virtustream’s Core Values
Virtustream’s foundation is built upon five simple values that impact every decision we make. They influence our culture, our services and how we treat our customers.
- Commitment to Excellence: We show our commitment to our customers through excellence in service delivery, the pursuit of the highest quality product, and conduct that is commensurate with our company’s policies around process, security and integrity.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our actions and performance and view them as a direct reflection of our company. We are accountable for infusing excellence into our products, services, and interactions with every customer, every time.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves in a manner that conveys honor, transparency, and respect for our colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Innovation: We embrace an attitude that exudes innovation and efficiency. We approach each day with the objective of improving our product, our processes, and our delivery in a manner that differentiates Virtustream in the market.
- Passion: We are highly motivated and passionate about who we are, what we are building and how we innovate. We have an absolute passion for flawless execution.
For consideration please send a resume to: Alicia.Lombardi@virtustream.com