Senior Director, Enterprise UNIX/LINUX/AIX
Salary: up to $160,000 Commensurate with Experience
The successful candidate will serve as the Senior Director, Enterprise UNIX/LINUX/AIX reporting to the Infrastructure division. This is a leadership position responsible for all aspects of DoITT-managed Unix, Linux and AIX systems for its client agencies; oversee all teams building and supporting Unix, Linux and AIX environments; responsible for the full lifecycle management of systems and underlining infrastructure for service delivery; and is charged with developing and refining procedures for service deployment, support and management.
Responsibilities of this role include leadership and management of the following tasks:
- Provide overall guidance, vision and strategies to a team of engineers in evaluating, purchasing, planning, implementing, managing and documenting systems in three-tier environment hosted on platforms for UNIX, LINUX and AIX engineering;
- Prepare senior level reports for executive management and manage special IT Projects as assigned;
- Serve as senior point-of-escalation during related implementations;
- Optimize resource assignment to ensure efficient use of resources;
- Drive continuous improvements based on industry standards and best practices;
- Work cohesively with senior management regarding the performance of daily IT infrastructure builds and implementations;
- Manage all Unix/Linux/AIX assets, incidents and requests in the DoITT ITSM system with strict adherence to current process including accurate and timely data entry, appropriate notification, proper tracking, follow-up and escalation, ongoing progress updates;
- Ensure reliable and timely build and deployment of systems to meet project requirements and dates;
- Provide input into the design of systems architecture and design policies to build more reliable services for city agencies;
- Manage all aspects of the end to end release process;
- Deal with service roll out planning including method of deployment. Install new or upgraded hardware; and
- Manage special projects and initiatives as assigned.
Administratively, the Senior Director-level responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with executive management in developing strategic plans and initiatives;
- Ensure division is meeting strategic initiatives;
- Direct and coordinate group priorities;
- Analyze and resolve quality of service problems;
- Identify trends and recommend system and process improvements;
- Develop reliable performance metrics to measure division accomplishments, efficiencies and productivity;
- First responder to wide-range and significant outage notifications;
- Review and sign-off on all procurements.
- Strong working knowledge of Unix and Linux; EMC Storage;
- Strong understanding of Enterprise technology including servers, storage arrays, storage networking, network protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments;
- Communicates effectively verbally, including excellent presentation skills to team mates as well as upper management;
- Willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends and nights when necessary;
- Knowledge of VMware tools stack, EMC Virtual Storage Integrator; in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP, SNMP and other network protocols;
- Knowledge of database and major applications (Oracle, Microsoft, SFDC);
- Converged Networking Architecture; experience and working knowledge of SAN infrastructure, protocols and enterprise class storage systems and storage related concepts as it relates to building and supporting an enterprise class virtual infrastructure;
- Experience and working knowledge of enterprise networking systems, protocols and security related concepts as it relates to building and supporting an enterprise class virtual infrastructure; strong project management and task execution skills;
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills;
1.BA/BS including 24 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or related field and 4 years of related work experience where 18 months must have been in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity.
2. An Associate’s degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 12 credits in the field and 5 years work experience as described in "1" above;
3. Education and/or experience equivalent.
NYC Residency is required within 90 days of appointment
Please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #455915
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVALS
Visit us at www.nyc.gov/DoITT
The Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications
and the City of New York are equal opportunity employers.
DoITT participates in E-Verify