Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, About The Center for Employment Opportunities:
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 9,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 22 cities across eight states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 11,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Google.org, among many others.
CEO s theory of change posits that if the employment needs of persons with criminal convictions are addressed at their most vulnerable point when they are first released from incarceration or soon after conviction by providing , , , and , they will be less likely to become re-incarcerated and more likely to build a foundation for a stable, productive life for themselves and their families. Based on CEO s theory of change, CEO s program model provides a road map for participants to achieve a long-term goal of remaining attached to the legitimate workforce and maintaining their freedom.
For more information on CEO, please visit .
Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is looking for a Senior Director, Information Technology. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a growing team that will build the strategy, infrastructure and technology practices for a high impact non-profit, working to create economic opportunities for our individuals returning from incarceration. CEO is rapidly expanding across the country and the need for a clear, scalable IT strategy has never been more critical. This role requires a leader who is comfortable being both a visionary and hands on leader and who has a demonstrated track record in directing change management, identifying areas for process improvement, and a comfort with acting in a consultative technical support capacity on various technology initiatives cross-departmentally. The successful candidate is an exceptional steward of resources and drives IT projects that are aligned with the needs of the organization. In addition to technical acumen, it requires strong analytical skills, a commitment to delivering quality solutions on time and on budget, excellent communication and collaboration skills and a curiosity for new insights and opportunities. This role reports directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
Who You Are
- You have a commitment to CEO s mission and interest in working in a fast paced, growing, results oriented nonprofit environment
- You have at least 8 years of experience leading design, implementation and support of enterprise-level IT infrastructures in a leadership capacity
- You are a people centered leader with a demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop high performing and diverse teams who deliver on ambitious goals and benchmarks
- You have experience managing Salesforce, HRIS systems, and other cloud based applications such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Intaact, Tableau, and more, and managing multi-site IT infrastructure.
- You possess a hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement, customer service and relationship management with organizational partners and customers.
- You communicate effectively, technically and non-technically, across all levels of employees, and have strong executive presentation skills.
- You are a thoughtful steward of resources that invest in and drive IT projects aligned with the needs of the organization.
- You have experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- You have excellent analytical (business, technical, financial), strategic planning and project execution skills.
- You are a creative problem-solver with the ability to develop solutions to problems as they arise and the judgment to know when to enlist the help of colleagues.
- You operate with a high level of personal integrity and commitment to excellence.
What You ll Be Responsible For
Responsibilities of the Senior Director, IT will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the current IT landscape at CEO, including IT systems, needs, priorities, and opportunities, in order to create, and execute an IT strategy and roadmap for CEO that supports our teams and aligns with CEO s planned growth and expansion.
- Act as CEO s IT product manager and manage a governance process for IT rollouts and enhancements.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure their confidence in technology systems and functions, communicate technology updates, and provide the information, tools, and training needed for optimal performance
- Review, recommend, and oversee all vendors, contracts and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services and equipment
- Determine, with appropriate internal governance structures in place, how CEO s IT resources are deployed and determine what solutions should be purchased or developed in-house
Network and Infrastructure
- Ensure that CEO has a strong approach to cyber security and establishes systems that support appropriate data privacy. Educate the organization about security threats and implement threat protection measures.
- Ensure outsourced providers meet contract obligations of maintaining CEO's workstations and servers and addressing employee needs quickly, effectively, and thoroughly.
- Identify and implement new technologies and tools to support specific teams and departments in achieving the overall mission of the organization.
Team & Project Management
- Manage a growing team of internal staff and outside vendors executing all aspects of systems, storage, network, mobility, unified communications, and third-party service organizations.
- Envision the resources and structure needed to achieve the IT teams strategic priorities and goals. Hire, develop, and retain a high-performing, effective, and diverse team.
- Oversee the unit's budget, ensuring funds are maximized and leveraged to meet the needs and goals of our ever evolving organization
- Drive the development and adoption of technology standards while ensuring accurate technical specifications and documentation are maintained for all systems, change management and governance processes are followed
- Train and inform CEO staff and new hires on IT solutions and best practices.
- Foster an environment in which IT proactively weaves in key stakeholders on initiatives in a manner that encourages learning, partnership, and innovation.
- Ensure all projects have clear objectives, meet business needs and are managed to ensure timely delivery
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continuous learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.