Verisign operates the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world's 13 Internet root servers. Verisign's product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, and Managed DNS.
The Senior Director, Network Operations and Engineering (NOE) is a deeply technical senior role. The successful candidate will have the ability to architect, deploy and operate large-scale networks, pinpoint problem areas, uphold network quality and standards. You will work closely with the software development, infrastructure, information security, and operations teams to design and operate WAN and LAN networks that are quick to deploy, automated and instrumented. You will act as the technical lead and partner in collaborating with the various business units to enhance and develop Verisign products.
• Works with the Verisign senior leadership team to develop and implement strategic network design.
• Provides subject matter expertise, with a focus on continuous improvement, to oversee network design, standards implementation and enforcement, change management, problem and capacity management, and project engineering.
• Works collaboratively with the information security organization to assist in the detection and mitigation of security events. Builds security into every design.
• Provides technical leadership and strategic direction for the organization.
• Ensures strategic direction and organizational responsibilities are communicated and understood.
• Communicates and tracks progress toward company goals and initiatives.
• Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing change.
• 12+ years’ experience in network technology roles in large-scale, high quality networks.
• Experience with large LAN and WAN.
• 5+ years’ experience in senior management/leadership roles.
• Experience managing through holistic technical transition.
• Strong communicator and relationship builder who remains calm under pressure.
• Process oriented with a strong attention to detail and follow-through.
• 4-year Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
: United States-Washington D.C. Metro-Virginia-Reston