3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
At Cox Automotive, we believe in constant innovation and customer obsessive design. We've built the largest automotive discovery platform which drives the experience of over 65 percent of all car buyers in the United States. We unite over 25 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way people buy and sell cars every day. Kelley Blue Book, Autotrader and Dealer.com being a few of the most recognized brands.Team Overview:
Our Engineering division is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and creating leading edge software solutions for our business. We are looking for humble, smart and hungry individuals who are comfortable working with an agile approach to software engineering. Job Overview:
The Senior Director, Software Engineering will lead software engineering and quality for the Digital Retail Innovation portfolio and is responsible for technology strategy, software engineering oversight, code quality, release governance, process improvement, risk mitigation, budget management, platform performance, and hiring. S/he will be responsible for leading large-scale teams of insourced and outsourced talent and interface with product, solution architects, support and other engineering teams to ensure the development of APIs and Cloud software provides strategic value for the organization. .
- Leader: We need someone who can inspire and coach engineering and quality directors, managers and team members.
- Communication: We need someone who can give feedback (both positive and constructively critical). Communicate clearly and concisely to implement leading/best practices and processes to ensure alignment across the Engineering teams.
- Social: We need someone who knows how to work in and out of organizational boundaries and is not difficult to work with. You will need to positively work through situations of healthy conflict when they occur.
- Ownership: We need someone who will own ensure our teams continually create software that solves business problems. You will need to ensure our teams develop software in the right way. You will need to make sure our organization continues to improve at the craft.
- Innovation: Promote a culture of innovation that shares technology effectively and responsibly; you will refine and embody a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth.
- Leadership and management of directors and managers responsible for engineering and quality teams and providing overall technical direction. Provide professional development and mentorship to directors, managers and team members.
- Establish software engineering standards and guidelines for software engineering organization.
- Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency.
- Champion communications on technology and strategic initiatives
- Drive quality through automated testing, release governance and high platform performance
- Establish a fun, creative and enjoyable environment balanced with strong collaboration and productivity.
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching.
- Monitor and manage budget for software engineering teams.
- Collaboration across multiple business units and functional departments to develop and deploy solutions that address key business initiatives, supporting new revenue opportunities.
- Inspire the division to strive for innovation, efficiency, continual learning and a desire to search for new ideas and technologies.
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale.
- Establish people management and processes to attract and retain the best talent in the software and technology space.
- Exceptional leadership, coaching, and management skills
- Highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, highly collaborative and innovative
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills; able to work well with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with deploying infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation).
- Knowledge and experience in continuous delivery methodologies like continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous automated testing.
- Advise and provide strategic recommend and alternatives for the overall Information Technology landscape
- Technology leader with broad knowledge across all areas of technology. With proven track record of evaluating, analyzing, designing, implementing, leading, and monitoring effective and efficient technology, processes to proactively improve performance while ensuring maximum cost/benefit meets budgetary requirements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of audiences and stakeholders including, but not limited to, Executive and Senior Management, Business Leaders/Managers and colleagues worldwide
- Experience with business drivers and how those relate to software development
- Experience with the Agile approach to software engineering
- Effective communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches
- Ability to create clear goals and foster accountability/ownership
- Skilled in balancing risk with time-to-market objectives
- Highly self-motivated and customer-focused; bias to action
- Possess high emotional intelligence and can work across a wide range of personalities and work styles
- Quality driven, accountability motivated manager focused on maximizing results
- Ability to think big and challenge conventional ways of working
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline is preferred 12+ years substantial engineering experience with 7+ years leadership experience in a software development organization. Practical experience working in Agile environments with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline Proven ability to lead teams of 30-50 Engineers and advance software development and testing practices. 20% travel
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.