Senior Director of Integration Services Why WWT?
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 7,000 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past nine years.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Senior Director of Integration Services located in Edwardsville, IL. Why should you join the Integration Technology Center team?
The North American Integration Technology Center delivers services including: Data Center rack integration, custom cabling, burn-in and testing, configuration and imaging, system and data center staging, custom crating, packaging and asset management. WWT's integration services provided within the North American Integration Centers continues to be a big growth area within WWT and is an important element within WWT's supply chain services value proposition. Our customers use our technology centers to stage their entire data center technology infrastructure during facility upgrades for; racking and stacking components from multiple manufacturers into ready-to-deploy systems and configuring thousands of network, collaboration, security and end-user devices. Pre-deployment services offered through our Integration Centers decrease field engineering work, speed time to operational readiness and reduce deployment costs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote World Wide Technology Core Values and Corporate Goals
- Lead a team of approximately 500 Integration Technology Center resources responsible for:
- Managing the execution of the integration services
- Attaining cost, quality and on-time delivery goals
- Improving and maintaining Safety, ISO, and TL9000 standards
- Delivering Operational Excellence through:
- Strong continuous improvement initiatives
- Effective processes, improved work flow design, and Lean initiatives
- KPI management and improvements
- Develop and maintain the ongoing collaborative relationship with the Sales Engineering, Material Operations, Logistics, Professional Services, Program Management teams.
- Drive standardization across all programs and across our global integration operations
- Drive consistent product quality through the following:
- Standardized manufacturing processes including workmanship and quality standards.
- A rigorous approach to process discipline, trend analysis and root cause corrective action
- In-process and final quality inspection
- Play a lead role in conjunction with IT and other operations leaders to establish our integration systems roadmap. This includes developing and implementing industry leading information systems for shop control management, production planning, and work flow optimization among others.
- Develop current and future leaders in the principles of Strategic Planning, Financial Operations Management, Lean Operations and Servant Leadership
- Minimum of seven years of senior management experience leading manufacturing/ integration operations
- Strong experience managing capacity planning in a variable work environment
- Proficiency in providing customer service to include leading senior level customer interaction
- Expert level capability in KPI development and attainment
- Proficiency in understanding and managing financial budgets
- Experience or knowledge of supply chain, warehouse, logistics, and materials management
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing operations
- Excellent leadership, communication, and administrative skills
- High level of problem-resolution ability and visionary management skills
- Proficient in the use of Office Tools
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled.