The Sr. Director of Growth will have a tremendous opportunity to establish Cisco as the clear enterprise security leader. Our future growth is predicated on how we price, package, bundle and sell our solutions. Customers want to reduce the number of vendors they rely on for security solutions, and this presents a big need in the marketplace that Cisco Security could fill.
The Sr. Director of Growth will have global responsibility across a $2.7B business and will report directly to the Sr. Vice President of Product in the Security Business Group (SBG). The leader will be the primary representative of 13 different product lines to 1200 person GSSO team and 17K broader sales team. Will oversee many different functions (competitive, solutions, market management, etc.) with different key success factors, talent requirements and geographic location. Cisco Security needs a leader who can look across disparate products, most of which came from various acquisitions, and develop a strategy on how best to take them to market.
This role will be responsible for:
- Leadership: Leads a team involved with testing, content development, field enablement and works cross-functionally with engineering, product management, marketing and sales to design strategy and execute growth initiatives.
- Solutions Development: Partner across-SBG (and cross-Cisco) solutions including architecture, testing, validated design and marketing.
- Pricing: Lead pricing excellence for SBG including Suiting & ELA.
- Market management: Peer with field teams to maximize SBG success in markets, including key geos (Americas, EMEAR, APJ, GC), Federal and MSSP. Responsible for SBG performance in each market and ensuring that SBG priorities are being executed in those markets.
- Business Analytics: Lead an analytical approach to identify growth initiatives. Synthesize trends in the ecosystem, product performance, growth. Analyze market trends to identify the mid and long-term business opportunity.
- Influence senior peers in order to deliver the best outcome for Cisco and the Security Business Group (SBG) is required.
· This role will serve as the focal point within SBG of competing with scores of other security vendors and develop offers across a broad set of technologies in various stages of maturity and scale.
- 13+ years of experience in product management, or business development or business strategy
- Track record of inspiring others toward a vision, while keeping track of the details. Highly motivated, high impact, energetic self-starter, passionate about Security who can thrive in a high performance, results-driven environment.
- Superb statistical reasoning to understand and develop a quantitative intuition for interpreting customer experience data.
- Insight to anticipate market trends and their impact on product strategy including excellence in customer research and market understanding. Bring a data driven approach to prioritization.
- Technical competence - ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple, clear and compelling language. Track record of solving architectural challenges in concert with engineering.
- Understanding of the Security Business and products
- Results Driven - Rigorously holding oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance
- A team player and great communicator with strong interpersonal and team skills and the ability to interact with customers, partners, press, analysts and foster cross-functional teamwork among sales, marketing, and product teams.
- Advanced degree such as an MBA