- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time, related experience may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year for year basis.
- Five (5) years of full-time, recent computer programming experience, including requirements gathering and refinement, creating specifications, developing code to address requirements, conducting unit testing, responding to quality assurance findings, and maintaining those applications once they have been deployed.
- Two (2) years of experience leading major automation projects.
- Experience managing projects and developing applications utilizing a well-defined systems development lifecycle methodology (SDLC).
Registration, Certification, or Licensure:
- Four (4) years of Java EE programming experience, including experience with Java Messaging Service (JMS).
- Experience with JBOSS Fuse ESB, Subversion, Apache Camel, Apache CXF, Apache ActiveMQ, OSGi, and Maven.
- Experience working with relational databases and writing SQL
- Leads large scale automation projects with significant impact on the long range effectiveness of TRS's ability to serve its membership, including developing and implementing project plans and coordinating the work of staff assigned to the project.
- Performs high-level analysis of end user business processes and automation needs, and develops application systems or new computer programs and enhancements for existing programs to better meet those needs.
- Codes, tests, and debugs programs written in a variety of software languages.
- Documents or oversees the documentation of programming logic and actions and the drafting of user procedures.
- Participates in or leads code reviews and demonstrations of programs and applications.
- Responds to requests for assistance routed by Helpdesk staff, and troubleshoots and resolves application-related problems for agency staff as needed.
- Develops and documents technology standards for the agency.
- Provides training and technical assistance to IT staff.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Time to get away? Need more meaningful work? Want to use your awesome Java skills somewhere that places a high-value on work-life balance, great benefits and a family atmosphere? Join our Java development team and that's what you'll get. We'll throw in 12-15 paid holidays a year. On top of that, you'll be making a positive difference for 1.3 million Texas public education employees. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven go-getter to show their initiative and grow professionally in a great team atmosphere!
At TRS, we don't just fill positions. We recruit the best and brightest, and we'd like to hear from you. Please apply today to get the process started.
State Classification: (0244/Programmer V/B25/Exempt)