IBM seeks a Senior ETL Informatica Developer.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 years relevant experience
- At least 3 years experience in ETL Informatica PowerCenter
- At least 3 years experience RDBMS (Such as DB2, Oracle, etc)
- At least 3 years experience in performance tuning database objects and SQL statements
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of a BS or BA in Computer Science, information systems, or related experience.
- Experience leading ETL development team.
- Familiarity or aptitude for Informatica Administration responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at different levels of the organization.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking a Senior ETL Informatica Developer who will:
- Gather business requirements and interaction with business and IT teams.
- Identifies, designs, codes, debugs tasks necessary to develop Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Writes code that can be easily maintained/reused/tested by others, by adhering to coding standards and including detailed code documentation.
- Works with QA personnel to develop and carry out test plans to ensure that Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions are of the highest possible quality.
- Works with database personnel to design logical/physical database models to support present/future Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI needs.
- Develops database triggers and SQL queries needed inside the ETL Informatica.
- Develops clear, detailed technical and user documentation that will facilitate support for developed Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Takes a leadership role in the team environment; encourages, coaches and mentors team members in acquiring the technical and behavioral skills needed to effectively produce Data Warehouse/Mart and ETL BI solutions.
- Inspires and motivates team members to set high standards of excellence and commitment to a common goal.
- Participates in the ongoing support and problem resolution of developed Data Warehouse and ETL Solutions.
- Responds appropriately to urgent technical support situations and procedures with quick and effective solutions to business problems. This includes after hours work as needed.
- Participates in design and code reviews with managers, peers and involved business personnel.
- Acquires knowledge of existing Cartus systems and the underlying business processes they support.
- Identifies potentially reusable objects in current Data Warehouse/Mart & ETL BI Solutions.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our BATON ROUGE center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.