We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hardware design engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and for performing activities pertaining to the planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of electrical/electronic systems and components from concept to production implementation. Your primary area of focus will be on display/gauge, communication, and navigation systems for Polaris Off-Road and Motorcycle vehicles.
- Design and development of electronic sub-systems for on-vehicle digital display, RF communication, and GPS systems from concept to product release.
- Develop schematics, guide board layout designs, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into complex hardware systems.
- ECAD/EDA design, component specification, BOM generation, and prototype development.
- Design and implement functional tests; create reports, fault finding, and countermeasure to the component level.
- Evaluate, characterize, troubleshoot, and debug analog & digital electrical systems.
- Apply DFX principles to product designs.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Support quality initiatives to improve product performance and reliability through peer deign reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and DFMAs.
- Design and development of design validation/test capability.
- Documentation and engineering release for Production.
- Manufacturing support of electromechanical products and test fixtures.
- Ability to travel and visit key vendors.
- BS or MS in a related field with at least 7 years of relevant experience.
- Embedded system design experience
- Strong engineering aptitude and "can do" attitude
- Strong attention to detail with prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Experience, and demonstrated success, working in a team-based environment.
- Experience with electronic circuit and RF design and PCB layout tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer digital multi-meter, etc.
- Experience in programming/debugging embedded systems.
- Experience with the full product design cycle.
- RF and GPS circuit / system design experience.
- Systems design of outdoor digital devices.
- Test and design validation experience