The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Communication Software Implementation Department (CSID) at the Aerospace Corporation provides proof-of-concept studies, novel algorithms, and prototypes using software-defined radios, reconfigurable hardware transceivers, wireless communication and navigation systems to enable the Space Enterprise's mission success. We are recognized experts in applying non-classical approaches, such as machine learning, to solve real-world problems in satellite communication, signals intelligence, anti-interference, and other mission areas.
CSID goes beyond analysis and simulation to push the leading edge by building working intelligent communication prototypes using software-defined radios. The domain for our larger engineering division, Communication Technologies and Engineering Division, focuses on main-mission communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Design, build, test, and demonstrate software/hardware prototypes for intelligent, cognitive radios
- Deliver tech demos and briefings to internal stakeholders and to external customers.
- Pitch ideas for new research and development projects
- Adapt to changing industry trends and explore new concepts outside your comfort zone
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Minimum 4-years of industry experience and/or years pursuing an advanced degree
- Practical experience with modern communication and digital signal processing techniques.
- Experience working with Linux or development on a Linux platform
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Python, C++, Golang, Rust, Swift
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Experience in satellite communications, CubeSats, or GPS/GNSS/PNT systems
- Software defined radio development (GNU Radio) and/or experience with USRP or similar SDR platforms
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning techniques and machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, PyTorch.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .