Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Power Tools
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You'll Do:
As a Sr Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Power Tools, you'll be part of our Global Tools and Storage team located in Towson MD. You'll get to:
• Integrate the needs of end users, Product Service, and Manufacturing to provide optimum designs that exceed competitive product.
• Create working models of new product concepts using 3D design software and build physical prototypes.
• Evaluate, approve, and implement engineering change orders.
• Create 2D drawings, stack up analysis and possess a firm understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
• Create and maintain drawings and bill of materials in product lifecycle management system
• Approve FPIs and completed tests.
Who You Are:
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
• 5+ years of engineering design experience.
• Demonstrated hands-on problem-solving skills and can-do attitude.
• Experience with Catia V5 or equivalent 3D CAD software (Pro-E, etc).
• Knowledge of electronic assemblies and/or Battery Packs.
• Familiarity with designing heat sinks, plastic injection molded parts, die cast parts, stamped parts, and the associated plating process.
What You'll Receive (do not move or delete)
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
• Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
• Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You'll Feel:
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
• Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
• Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
• Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.