Senior Electronics Engineer - Towson, MD
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
Seeking Electronics Engineer for lithium-ion battery charger product development role. The engineer will learn existing designs, will learn to operate a world-class product management system and will interact with offshore suppliers. Projects will focus on developing products from concept, through design, manufacturing, and support to end of life with the end goal of delivering cost-effective product solutions. Then progressively challenging projects will be assigned with the goal of developing an independent project engineer fully responsible for product definition, concept design, schedules, cost, and quality. Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Bachelor of Science Electronics Engineering / Electronics Technology from an ABET recognized institution
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- AC-DC switched-mode power supplies: buck, forward, LLC and flyback topologies
- Troubleshooting analog circuitry to root cause failure
- Build working prototypes given outline functional descriptions
- Lithium-ion battery charging
- Create and review engineering documents with detail
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
What You'll Receive
- UL / IEC / FCC / CISPR compliance requirements
- Direct Asia manufacturing experience
- Automated manufacturing test equipment
- Assembly processes: surface-mount, automatic insert and hand insert
- Soldering processes: lead-fee metallurgy and fluxing chemistries
- Injection molded plastics
- Microprocessor hardware and firmware: C-language or assembly
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.