As a key member of the Information Technology team, this position combines technical skills and knowledge to support the Firm’s Financial systems. The Senior Applications Engineer will be responsible for design, customization, implementation, support and maintenance of Finance and Accounting applications for firm-wide use. Other responsibilities of the position include the research and evaluation of future applications, software upgrades, project coordination, documentation, knowledge sharing and issue resolution.
Firm is actively engaged in the Elite upgrade project and is looking for the individual with broad knowledge of the Finance Systems and Elite data structures. Ideal candidate will have experience implementing Elite 3E and Elite 3E systems & data integrations.
The Senior Applications Engineer will report directly to the Manager of Enterprise Applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, maintain, and update firm systems and their integrations with Elite. Systems include Elite, eBilling Hub, ChromeRiver, iTimeKeep Time Entry, Design Gallery, vendor file transfers, and other systems and integrations, as required.
- Act as Technical Lead on upgrades and new application implementations for financial systems.
- Take active part and lead technical implementation of Elite 3E for the firm.
- Implement and maintain Elite Systems Integrations with ancillary applications such as New Matter Intake, Conflicts, DMS.
- Analyze and maintain IntApp Integration Builder jobs and SQL Integration Services Projects for data transformation and exporting of third-party financial data.
- Support, maintain and resolve application issues with the Firm’s Financial systems.
- Monitors the health of the applications including Elite, iTimekeep and Chrome River.
- Collaborate with Finance team to gather business requirements and translate them into technical specifications, streamline existing processes and implement new business processes.
- Analyze, test and apply software patches and upgrades as required.
- Work with third-party vendor to troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
- Create notifications and monitoring jobs to proactively inform management of specific system issues.
- Provide quality control and validation of all customizations to ensure application functionality and data integrity.
- Provide cross training for technical support amongst other members of the Enterprise Application team.
- Work with the infrastructure and security teams by enforcing policies, to ensure highest level of data security.
- Develop and execute system test plans and perform quality assurance testing.
- Assist Accounting with ‘Month end/Year end’ close and process data from various systems.