Trimble is hiring a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
The Embedded Software Engineer will work closely with System Engineering to interpret requirements and to design and implement software solutions in our embedded GPS receivers. He or she will plan and scope development effort, follow structured development processes to design, document, implement, and verify software, and define requirements-based system tests. He or she will also support hardware and FPGA interface documentation, design and test.
Skills & Experience Required:
The successful applicant will have a BS or MS in EE, CS, or equivalent from a recognized institution and 5 years experience developing embedded software for real time complex signal and data processing systems, and will meet the following requirements:
- Experience architecting and developing real time multi-threaded embedded software in high reliability systems
- Demonstrated expertise in complex timing-driven and data-driven systems, signal processing and signal tracking, data demodulation, data management, and message queueing systems.
- Expertise with C and real-time operating systems
- Collaborative, team-oriented contributor with demonstrated ability to think outside the box and achieve goals
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, planning, and documentation skills
Experience in at least one of the following areas is also required:
- Modular structured architectures, object-oriented software architecture, scripting
- Formal training and expertise in signal processing theory and algorithms
- GPS signals and baseband processing
- Requirements-based software development processes
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required.
- Applicants must clearly indicate any previous DoD security clearance activity.
Trimble is the market leader in precision high-performance GPS systems. We are seeking a self-motivated embedded software engineer with disciplined implementation and analytical skills to join the engineering team. In this position you will join a tight-knit team of talented developers in a stable and supportive work environment, where you can quickly see the positive impact of your efforts. You will develop embedded GPS signal recovery, timing, and message processing software, interacting closely with hardware, firmware, system engineering, and test teams to continue widening our advantage in leading-edge embedded GPS receivers meeting the most demanding aviation performance needs.
Trimble, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D