If interested please e-mail your resume to email@example.comLocation-
Chicago, IL (near O'hare)
Currently remote but will return up to 3 days a week after Labor Day Duration-
Contract to Hire Job Title-
Senior Workstation Engineer Job Description
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in technical support OR four (4) or more years of experience as a Workstation Engineer required
- Three (3) or more years of experience with enterprise workstation management solutions, preferred License/Certifications: TIA Security, MSCE or relevant certified professional certifications preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS - required
- Knowledge of Edge, Chrome and Firefox browser configurations and management - required
- Experience deploying Windows 10 Feature Updates - required
- Experience deploying Office 365 Feature Updates - required
- Experience with Group Policy management - required
- Demonstrated advanced workstation troubleshooting skills - required
- Capacity to work in a deadline-driven environment while handling multiple complex projects/tasks simultaneously with a focus on details - required
- Advanced workstation vulnerability and compliance remediation management - required
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac CIS workstation protocols - preferred
- Experience with Citrix and VMWare/vCenter - preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge/support of Macintosh environment - preferred
Experience with the following products and/or technologies - preferred
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Carbon Black Application Control Solution
- Rapid 7
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Scripting tools such as PowerShell
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Capable of successfully multi-tasking while working independently or within a group environment.
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Capable of working well under pressure while dealing with unexpected problems in a professional manner.
- Capable of communicating and interacting with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to interact and build relationships and consensus among people.
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills to identify issues / problems and develop recommendations for effective resolution.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of standard applications and all aspects of desktop environments.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of encryption technologies, key management and secure protocols.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of networking and communication technologies, including TCP/IP protocol, remote access methods, firewalls and wireless protocols.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org