Seattle, WA Description: Senior Engineer II (Machine Learning Platform) Full Time/Direct-Hire Location: Seattle, WA (Will Also Accept Candidate in these local Markets: Chicago, IL | Denver, CO | Los Angeles, CA | Atlanta, GA ) Job Description
The Senior Software Engineer II for our Machine Learning Platform (MLP) will be at the heart of ML for the entire company. From computer vision to natural language processing, MLP powers more and more of our business metrics and decision making. As a leader, you will collaborate with data scientists and engineering leaders from all of our brands, building a platform that delights our internal customers while maintaining exceptional reliability and resiliency. While partnering closely with these teams, you will have the opportunity to distill a wide variety of use cases into reusable engineering components, delivering them in tandem with business-driven projects. Finally, by encapsulating complexity and promoting model and service discovery, you will create a platform that truly democratizes machine learning. As a technical leader, you will raise the bar for your team, helping them to deliver their best work. You will also help each team member grow, identifying teachable moments, training and work that supports their career goals. Responsibilities/Job Duties:
- Contributes to architecture, coding, test plans, project plans, deployment planning and operations to drive excellence and lead organization towards its goals
- Designs at the organization level, considering up/downstream integration.
- Employ continuous improvement methodologies across your team (e.g. quantifies impacts customer first, waste elimination, increased productivity, iterates quickly, shorten feedback loop, experience creating relevant KPIs).
- Leading the development of technical solutions (e.g., APIs, SDKs, etc.) that support discovering, enriching, and surfacing data
- Understands tradeoffs in different types of engineering processes, and can adjust a team process to meet the needs of the project and others on the team.
- Influencing key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions
- Proven record of accomplishment of applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams (e.g. quantifies impacts, customer first, waste elimination, increased productivity, iterates quickly, shorten feedback loop, experience creating relevant KPIs)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or comparable experience
- Experience supporting tier 1 platform
- Experience developing high quality, high-performance service in Go and Python
- Experience with cloud-based services (AWS/Google Cloud Platform)
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess relevant experience with machine learning and data science concepts
- Experience in AWS, Flink, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, and REST API
- The capability to truly listen to our customers and partners, internalize their needs, and develop simple and elegant solutions that they can't live without
- A bias towards action guided by an evidence-based decision-making mind
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com