We have a government client looking for a Sr. Engineer III for a 12+month contract. Our client is located in Hartford CT. While we know most people are searching for a permanent opportunity, this will be a multi-year contract. All new starts will be working remotely due to Covid-19. Once that ban is lifted you will be required to work onsite 100%.
Specific Services Required
- Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement, create specifications, and implement.
- Use Microsoft System Center Suite, especially System Center Service Manager for raising Help Desk tickets and resolving tickets assigned to the Operations queue.
- Maintain Active Directory multiple domains and OUs
- Maintain and support applications running on Windows Servers (installation of version upgrades, patches etc., command line level knowledge is required)
- Provide support on Windows operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows Server 2019)
- Maintain physical server hardware (parts replacement / working with server vendor support) – Experience with Dell hardware preferred
- Provide support and troubleshoot SAN fabric (Experience with Brocade brand hardware preferred), Cisco switches, routers, firewall and security
- Provide IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft (Hyper-V)
At least six (6) years of the General Experience must have been performing professional information technology work in the following areas:
- Experience with maintaining physical server hardware (parts replacement / working with server vendor support) – Experience with Dell hardware preferred
- Experience with maintaining a SAN / NAS environment (parts replacement / working with server vendor support) – Experience with EMC products preferred
- Experience with SAN fabric troubleshooting & support (Experience with Brocade brand hardware preferred)
- Working experience with applications support & maintenance (installation of version upgrades, patches, command line level knowledge is required)
- Experience with PowerShell scripts
- Knowledge of working in a Virtual Server environments preferred
- Working knowledge of Networking concepts - Layer 3 vs Layer 2, routers, switches, Virtual LANs (VLANs), Network Address Translation (NAT) etc. required
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V clustered servers / Virtual Machine Manager very desirable
- Knowledge and experience in supporting remote access solution like VPN is desirable
- Knowledge of High-Availability environment including Failover Clusters is desirable
- Knowledge of entering incident/service requests in Microsoft System Center Service Manager and Footprints as they occur and following through to getting it to resolution
- Experience with Active Directory and managing multiple domains and OUs