: Sr Software Engineer LOCATION
: Remote, Various Locations
***If interested contact EJ Fernandez at with a updated resume*** ROLE OVERVIEW
: Apex Systems has an immediate opening for Senior Test Engineer to test and validate complex algorithms that analyze financial market data. This is a long-term contract position with the opportunity to go perm. Candidates will need strong programming skills (Python or Java) and strong SQL skills. Data layer testing and AWS experience is required, while ML/data science skills are nice to have. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for identifying project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
• Create and execute complex test cases based on test strategies and plans.
• Participate in reviews of system architecture, code and design documents.
• Perform Independent Assurance on all SDLC phases in a project.
• Develop automation architecture and set up test frameworks/infrastructure.
• Design and Develop complex automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
• Actively participate in collaborative resolution of defects including root cause analysis of production incidents.
• Continually look for ways to innovate and improve testing process to gain efficiencies.
• Demonstrates business domain expertise in the project involved.
• Effectively communicate testing activities, findings and project risk in oral and written formats. QUALIFICATIONS
• Bach/Master's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics.
• 5+ years of demonstrable hands on engineering/testing experience
• Strong Programming experience (Java/Python)
• Strong SQL
• Experience working in a Behavior Driven Development (BDD) environment
• Good working knowledge of AWS tools & technologies
• Experience testing large data sets - automation testing preferred
• Knowledge of various testing methods, with the ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to analyze and linearize algorithms
• Understand how to use data structures correctly
• Strong RDBMS skills
• Execution of test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
• Go getter attitude, motivation to grow in to a leader
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at