Senior Engineering Manager- Advanced Advertising
In 2015, SLING redefined America's relationship with live TV.
Six years later, we remain one of the country's most influential innovators and driving forces behind the streaming and recording and advertising associated with video. We've achieved our success by filling our organization with people invested in the changing the world of IP delivered entertainment.
Our teams are challenging the status quo and reimagining video streaming capabilities. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the entertainment products and platforms of tomorrow. You will be directly working with the engineers that in 2003 invented HTTP adaptive bit rate streaming, the method now used for all video delivery over the Internet. You will be managing a team that is today fundamentally changing the way advertising works with live and recorded TV.Our mission is to build next generation TV advertising capabilities for SlingTV & Dish. Our environment is...
Your team will be...
- Highly elastic
- Based on technologies no one else has in the industry
- Very fast paced
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be...
- Building ad detection, decisioning & replacement services
- Driving a customer centric, highly personalized approach to the evolution of our platform
- Delivering microservices into a Kubernetes based, web scale environment
- Delivering software in a SAFe based agile environment, continuously
Position is based in American Fork Utah- Will relocate the right candidate A successful Senior Manager of Engineering will have:
- Highly motivated, driven, hardworking and open to learning new things
- Not afraid to fail
- Able to build your team and support your folks - our people are our biggest asset
- Comfortable working in a TDD & CI/CD environment
- Ability to mentor & influence others
- A team player. We have a great group of diverse folks working together in harmony.
- A hands-on technical leader of a team of 5-9 talented engineers.
- Comfortable working with R&D teams
Technologies in our environment:
- A 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of professional experience developing highly resilient software, 5+ years leadership experience
- Experience building and managing large, high-availability, enterprise-grade applications
- Experience interfacing with external development teams and stakeholders
- Experience working with Agile and the tools that support it; backlog refinement and anticipating blockers
- Experience with 12 Factor Application methodology
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with the better.
- Python, C++, Go
- Automated testing of applications & Continuous Integration / TDD / BDD
- Git, Jira, and Confluence
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure
- Confluent Stack / Kafka / Couchbase / Cassandra / PostGreSQL / Elasticsearch
- Cloud Native tools: Kubernetes / Docker / Consul / Vault / Jenkins / Jaeger / gRPC /
- CI / CD & DevOps Culture
- Microservices architecture, service concepts, implementations & patterns
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,390.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.