About the Role
The Uber Eats Merchant Marketing team allows hundreds of thousands of merchants on the Uber Eats platform to build promotion campaigns and loyalty programs, driving enormous value to our partners' businesses, our eaters, and our platform. The team is charged with rapidly growing our existing programs and initiating new experiments to help merchants market on and beyond our platform.What You'll Do
- Directly own an engineering team passionate about building merchant marketing products while hiring and/or growing another leader as the team expands.
- Partner with product, data science, design, product operations, product marketing, and other internal and external partners to represent Uber technology and drive alignment and execution on results-oriented product priorities
- Challenge engineers to design more generic, more highly-scalable, and more robust systems
- Experience leading engineering teams in parallel execution against high-stakes business goals and extensive engineering priorities.
- Experience partnering across functions and organizational boundaries to effectively advocate for team, business, and company priorities.
- A strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions.
- A well-developed ability to grow leaders, both engineers, and managers.
- A strong business sense and ability to challenge and partner with product managers and business stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and analytical ability. We need someone who can quantitatively analyze the business value of engineering decisions and articulate a narrative about their importance.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form