ABIS Solutions is seeking an experienced DATA SCIENTIST, for an immediate DIRECT HIRE opportunity for one of our National Enterprise clients in the Seattle, WA area. Our client offers a healthy work-life/home-life balance, 100% remote work option during the COVID-19 crises and working with the latest technologies for an Enterprise level organization.
You will be thought of as a leader who gets directly involved across related disciplines including: Data Science, User Experience Research, Data Visualization, Business Analysis, and Software Development.
Day to Day Summary:
- Work with business stakeholders from across the company to analyze problems and implement solutions
- Work with data across the complete analytical life- cycle to build hypothetical models containing key assumptions, create mock-ups, prototype approaches, and implement production solutions
- Querying and analyzing data using a holistic perspective
- Look for and consider patterns in data in order to find opportunities working alongside the Product Development, Process Management, or Engineering teams
- Specialize in one or more areas of advanced research and continually stay informed on new research relevant to our business
- Exceptional communicator able to articulate the benefits of a proposed solution to internal and external stakeholders
- Steward of knowledge. You maintain detailed research notes. You document your solution approaches for others to re-create. The format of documentation could include internal wiki articles, product design specifications, cast studies, industry whitepapers, patent documents, publications, etc
You are familiar with a variety of technologies including:
- Scripting languages such as R, SAS, Spark
- Relational languages such as SQL, RDF, SPARQL
- Data formats including XML, JSON, CSV, Graphs, etc.
You are familiar with a variety of approaches including:
- Statistical analysis for the design of experiments
- Analysis of variance and correlational designs
- Machine learning for supervised learning
- Timeseries forecasting
- Mathematical optimization for systems of equations
- Simulation using sampling techniques
- Minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience in a related role and an Advanced Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 4-5 years of industry experience in a related role and an Undergraduate Degree in a related field
- Optionally yet preferred candidates have familiarity with marketing, Advertising, and/or Broadcast industries