Kforce has a client has an immediate need for an experienced FIAR/Internal Controls Analyst, Senior to join our on-site professional staff at DTRA, a Department of Defense Agency located on Ft. Belvoir, Virginia (VA).
This is a key role and will be a professional staff member on-site directly impacting the Agency's initiative to improve financial information and complete audit readiness and remediation objectives. You will work will involve substantive testing, developing and completing audit test plans, performing financial statement audits, evaluating internal controls, developing corrective action plans (CAPs), documenting and presenting findings & recommendations, business process review and documentation, and performing other audit remediation objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business discipline
* 5+ years of relevant Federal accounting or auditing experience is required
* 5+ years of experience performing financial statement audits of Federal entities is required
* At least five years of Federal accounting, FIAR or auditing experience
* 3+ years leading small teams or in a leadership position
* Experience performing audit functions including test plan creation, internal control and substantive testing, and documentation of findings and recommendations for the Federal government
* Extensive experience performing audit functions, including test plan creation, internal control and substantive testing, and documentation of findings and recommendations for a government / commercial entity is highly desired
* Experience auditing or performing audit readiness and remediation functions for DoD is required; ODO experience is preferred
* Excellent verbal and writing skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.