Kforce's client, a growing Defense and Aerospace company in the state of Arizona is seeking numerous Senior FPGA Design Engineers nationwide willing to relocate to Arizona. Once again, these positions are in Arizona. Must be willing to relocate. We are working with the Hiring Managers. A full relocation package is provided.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing the electronics for various military system products. They will engage at the outset of the military system development and follow their designs through deployment. The candidate will develop the requirements and bring concepts to life. Products are deployed all over the world on the ground, as well as atmosphere and into space. The individual will be responsible for the architecture, design, and documentation of deliverable firmware and FPGA embedded processing in this Division.
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL for the following applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces. Designers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, architect new parts, collaborative modeling of algorithms, partition and perform code development, simulation, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test. Design documentation and configuration management are required.
* A minimum of 3-7 years of FPGA design experience
* Ability to apply digital design knowledge and principles, and architect systems
* Expertise using a hardware description language such as VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog to implement a design
* Expertise with Altera, Lattice, Microsemi, or Xilinx devices and tool flows
* Expertise in FPGA timing constraint application and closure
* Expertise in hands-on integration and debug of FPGA-based systems
* Expertise with digital simulation such as Modelsim, Questa, or RivieraPro
* Experience with Python or C programming
* Experience with Python or MATLAB simulation
* Past experience in a leadership role such as team lead, technical lead, project lead, etc.
* Cross-discipline knowledge such as software, systems, modeling, etc.
* Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* Highly motivated, high performers with a strong desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced team environment
* Experience with embedded processor and System on a Chip development for FPGA devices
* Digital Signal Design processing for FPGA devices, both programming and testing
* FPGA design experience using a Linux-based development environment highly desired
* Knowledge of git and GitHub
* Knowledge of encryption/decryption standards such as AES, RSA, ECC, etc.
* Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as AXI, PCIe, SPI, I2C, etc.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.