Red Oak Technologies, Inc. is looking for an Senior Finance Manger for our client in San Jose, CA for a 1 year contract.
Senior Finance Manager, Revenue Accounting (San Jose, CA)
This person will join a cohesive team whose environment thrives on collaboration across geographies and departments within the broader Quote-to-Cash team of a publicly-traded software company with $2B+ in annual revenues.
• Reviewing software license, hardware, and services contracts and determining the most appropriate revenue accounting per relevant authoritative literature (e.g. ASC 606) and internal revenue recognition policies.
• Preparing contract memos highlighting key arrangement components and the five steps required for revenue recognition under ASC 606.
• Preparing analytical reports pertaining to revenue-related accounts on a recurring and ad hoc basis
• Participating in quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by internal and external auditors, including SOX 404 requirements.
• Performing quarter-end close activities, including posting journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and executing daily revenue transactions to ensure revenue is properly captured in the financial system.
• Contributing to or driving special projects as needed.
• 7-10 years of industry and/or public accounting (Big 4) experience.
• High degree of ethics; meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge of ASC 606 and related guidance.
• BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to gather and evaluate information and formulate conclusions.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with cross functional team.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
Nice to haves:
• Certified Public Accountant.
• Experience with SAP.