Senior Financial Analyst Independent Agency Group
The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with stakeholders within the Plymouth Rock Independent Agency Group and across the various Enterprise Financial teams to support strategic business planning and financial analysis. Primary responsibilities include generating term end and mid-term reports of revenue and spend, maintaining a library of performance reports, analyzing results, developing tools to drive insights into financial results, providing aggregated and drill-down granular detail of all revenue and expense lines, handling and managing the improvement of the planning process, and engaging in improvement initiatives throughout the Independent Agency Group and Finance function.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is proactive and intellectually curious, and possesses the aptitude to work independently. This role will contribute to the organization s success by driving complex financial analyses and projects that support ambitious growth and profitability goals.
- Develop business results reports for management within the Independent Agency Group, focusing on drill-down detail of spends charged or allocated to the Independent Agency Group, and revenue generated by the various legal entities supporting our products.
- Support the Independent Agency Group with analysis-based justification for the launch or continuation of business and technology strategic initiatives.
- Identify resolutions to address problems/issues and presents recommendations to management.
- Drive critical and complex analysis and reporting of financial and operational variances to both plan and forecast.
- Develop financial plans and forecasts to support Plymouth Rock Independent Agency Group execution.
- Drive key process improvement initiatives for the Independent Agency Group including improved loss forecasting process and refined forecasting and budgeting models
- Cultivate strong relationships with other non-Independent Agency units and their financial staff in particular to ensure productive collaboration during the planning and forecast processes, and to correct unapproved spends or errors that make their way to our financial statements.
- Performs analysis using complex data sets, makes recommendations, and presents to management
- Owns report development (dashboards/automated reporting) and delivers solutions to answer recurring business questions.
- Participate in various other special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Accounting preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of financial/analytical experience with recognized high potential for advancement.
- Accounting knowledge/skills preferred.
- Insurance industry experience (life or P&C) strongly preferred
- Technical skills highly desired. Relational database experience, SQL, programming and dashboard experience a plus (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: able to clearly communicate findings/results in an easy to understand manner. Strong attention to detail. Clear thinking / problem solving / ability to quickly grasp new ideas.
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.5 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner s insurance throughout the Northeast, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of Companies employs 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation hold an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".
As we grow, we continue to seek out passionate, driven professionals who share our values people looking to bring their insight and abilities to an organization that appreciates intelligence, integrity, and the pursuit of excellence.