What You'll Do
You'll help us resolve the most difficult and most visible customer problems with Cisco ASA and Firepower firewall and VPN products—essentially, solving real world technical problems in networking. Specifically, you'll be doing the following.
Who You'll Work With
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing software problems.
- Setting priorities for customer-reported bugs, and ensuring they get fixed.
- Driving the resolution of executive-level escalations.
- Providing feedback to the rest of the organization to improve the product and the customer experience.
Our worldwide team works with the highest tier of Cisco Technical Support, as well as with product management and the rest of the Security Technology Group Engineering team, focusing on the firewall and VPN capabilities of the ASA and Firepower products. Occasionally, you'll get to work directly with a customer, or with their Cisco Advanced Services team, on resolving a particularly difficult issue. Who You Are
You have experience working with firewalls or VPN head-ends, especially troubleshooting functionality difficulties. You have extensive general networking skills, with deep knowledge of and experience with networking protocols at all levels of the protocol stack, covering architecture, design, implementation, expansion, and troubleshooting of enterprise-level secure networks. You are comfortable working with others to diagnose difficult networking situations over the phone and using various Cisco collaboration technologies.
These are our minimum requirements for this position.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with firewall technology (ACLs, packet inspection, traffic filtering, NAT/PAT, URL filtering, malware recognition, intrusion detection and prevention), or VPN technology (IPSec, SSL, and clientless VPNs, remote access, AAA, certificates), ideally with Cisco’s ASA or Firepower products.
- At least 6-10 years of technical experience in the workforce, at least 2-4 years of technical experience with computer networking, and with firewalls or VPNs, and at least 2-4 years of customer support or escalation management experience.
- At least a BS in computer science or engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
In addition, havinga good working knowledge of C/C++/Objective-C/Swift, Java, assembler language, or a similar language is very helpful (scripting experience will also be valuable). If you have earned a CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE (with security focus), all the better. Why Cisco
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.