Senior Front-End Developer
Salary - commensurate with experience
Must be authorized to work in U.S. without sponsorship
Who we are looking for:
MarketOnce is searching for a highly driven front-end developer who is committed to excellence. While we are not concerned with your previous framework experience, you must be willing to dive deep into React. You will be focused on architecting and coding bulletproof production applications in a collaborative environment, and will be expected to lead and mentor a team of frontend developers while doing so.
Who are we?
MarketOnce is a product company that is working on building a new sales and marketing automation platform. We have a clear vision and goals to accomplish this feat and we are looking for driven, like-minded people to help us get there.
MarketOnce consists of around 20 people (devs, designer, tester, DBA) that care about each other and our work. We are a tight-knit, work-family that live through our core values and fight in the trenches together every day. The team never hesitates to help each other. Although we are all very different people, we are tied together by a common goal of excellence and growth. In that pursuit, you will have a lot of responsibility and be expected to contribute every single day. We look forward to meeting you and having you share a little bit of who you are with us.
The position entails:
- Architecting manageable, scalable frontend code
- Facilitating implementation of technical designs and solutions utilizing modern software development patterns and practices
- Providing frontend technical guidance to cross-functional teams
- Fully testing and troubleshooting work, ensuring consistently error-free, high-quality results
- Interacting with clients and internal stakeholders to help guide product decisions
- Accurately estimating level of effort and timelines for individual and group projects
- Mentoring junior team members, ensuring that code standards and deadlines are consistently met.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and build new features
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Expert in browser testing, debugging, and performance optimization
- Expert understanding of JSON
- Expert at integrating with REST APIs, synchronously and asynchronously
- Strong working knowledge in HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Strong working knowledge with build tools like grunt, gulp, and webpack
- Strong understanding of best practices for designing and developing web applications
- Understanding of functional programming
- Experience with Object Oriented Design
- Experience with automation tools & Test Driven Development
- Initiative to improve process, tools, and quality of product
Knowledge and skills that would help you stand out:
- Experience developing APIs with any of the server-side programming languages, especially C#
- Experience developing with TypeScript
- Knowledge of digital marketing
- A natural tendency to stay on top of and experiment with new tech
- You live our Core Values
- You have a wide range of interest in the technology world
- You have demonstrated enthusiasm for people and software development
- You are often learning new skills, quickly
- You are open to reviewing code and having your code reviewed
- No excuses, no drama, no BS
What are our core values?
“Reliability is the foundation to strong relationships.”
- We hold ourselves accountable and can always be trusted to deliver on our commitments.
- We are responsive and easily accessible.
- We are honest and willing to say no.
“Our thoughtfulness drives optimal, intentional results.”
- We believe thoughtfulness fosters deeper relationships and minimizes unintended consequences.
- We take full and deep consideration of how we affect the people around us and the potential impact of our decisions and actions.
“Optimal outcomes are achieved by respecting real-world constraints.”
- When knowledge is rooted in practice, results are higher quality and more predictable.
- We break down situations to their essence and apply our practical experience to create common-sense solutions.
“We accomplish more as a team.”
- We communicate openly and collaborate effectively.
- We rely on each other's strengths and empower each other with empathy and encouragement.
- We commit to supporting team members through any challenges they may face. We learn and grow together.
“We strive to become the best versions of ourselves.”
- We are forever learners that grow through our successes and mistakes.
- We are not only open to feedback, but we seek it out.
- Our humility opens us up to learn from everyone.
“Good enough isn’t good enough.”
- We always strive to go above and beyond, even when no one is looking.
- We are constantly seeking new challenges.
- No matter what we're doing, we're giving it 100%.