The Senior Front-End Web Developer position builds usable, compelling, and technically sound front-end interfaces for web and mobile applications. The Developer contributes technical leadership to shape solution architectures, implement quality user experiences through hands-on development and promote and mentor others in front-end best practices.
Strategy & Planning
• Collaborate with business partners to understand needs and define requirements for websites and software applications.
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Help with identifying and implementing bleeding edge technologies and UI frameworks
• Develop architecture roadmaps of our sites UI stack
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
• Collaborate with developers on Front End best practices and style guides.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Accurately translate business and user needs into usable, compelling, and technically sound interactive solutions, utilizing multiple technologies.
• Estimate hours for project tasks.
• Schedule and lead brainstorming activities surrounding interface functionality.
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices. Collaborate with UX and Visual Designers as well as back end developers & other team members to achieve an optimal user experience that meets business needs
• Utilize a flexible approach to changing priorities in an Agile work environment
• Manage and prioritize workload efficiently
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with the design and development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Analyze performance of websites and take action to correct deficiencies. Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal opportunity policy.
• Provide input to manager on team evolution and growth strategy
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience.
• Deep knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5.
• Very skilled in responsive Web Development.
• Ability to follow web accessibility (Section 508 and WAI) standards.
• Strong sense of design and typography.
• Demonstrated experience with Photoshop.
• Demonstrated use of Source Code Control, preferably Git.
• Experience building single-page web applications that perform well in modern, mobile, and legacy browsers (responsive UI).
• Demonstrated eye for usability and user experience.
• Experience generating templates for various content-based tools (blog, wiki, WCM).
• Knowledgeable in common UX/UI design patterns, best practices, and standard conventions.
• Experience working as part of an enterprise web team, interfacing with back-end developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
• Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Effective at working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Excels at translating an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.