Delta Defense LLC is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides education, training and self-defense insurance to the most responsible gun owners.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company 6 years in a row!
#3 Journal Sentinel Top Workplace - 2017
#1 Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace - 2017
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder! Position Summary:
The IT and development team at Delta Defense manages the entire application lifecycle of the business from front to back. This includes everything from a simple landing page, and extends all the way back to our own APIs, iOS and Android apps, CMS and CRM solutions, server infrastructure, and business intelligence.
The daily work is an exciting blend of custom internal web application development and enterprise solution integration. We build solutions for our users, as well as many different internal departments: the Sales and Marketing team, Member Services team, and our Content Team just to name a few. We also build tools that we use internally to help keep all of this complexity under control.
With so many unique internal and external customers to satisfy, we have a wide range of exposure to different problems that need solving. This isn???t rinse and repeat development; we are in the trenches developing the future of the company with generous levels of autonomy. Company leadership inspires teams to grow and evolve professionally and personally, and we thrive on testing new ideas. This allows us to move quickly and seize exciting opportunities, building solutions using the frameworks, tools, and technologies that best meet the task at hand.
As a fast-growing company with wide-ranging digital offerings, there are opportunities everywhere. Our team moves to capitalize and innovate on these opportunities in a fast-moving and positive, collaborative culture that empowers individuals and teams to bring their ideas to life.
You will love working here as a developer. Seriously.
The Senior Front End Developer sets the standard in development practices related to the front end stack, and serves as a key technology visionary and leader to the development team at large.
This is not a management position, but this role is expected to support the development team and ensure the team???s overall success. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Available as a key technical resource contact when discussing implementation of new software initiatives.
- Develops web applications with a combination of languages/frameworks appropriate for the task at hand.
- Helps to ensure that other front end developers are meeting team standards, teaches and assists when introducing or learning new technologies.
- Empowered to make key design decisions.
- Empowered to approve code merges and deployments.
- Proactively recommend workflow and system changes/enhancements.
- Mobile-first design. (we use Bootstrap)
- Applications work in all supported desktop browsers as well as mobile browsers.
- Writes documentation (both formal and ???inline???), often aimed at developers, and sometimes aimed at end users.
- Coordinates with UI/UX designers, as well as Back End developers to implement desired functionality.
- Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Adaptability (able to learn new libraries/frameworks and adapt to existing codebases)
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Cool under pressure.
- Time management and reliability. (able to accurately predict turnaround time on projects and deliver on those timelines)
- Advanced knowledge of web application design patterns.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous design patterns.
- Familiarity with CMS-assisted development.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of version control. (we use Git)
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of development and workflow tools: npm, Grunt/Gulp, comfortable on the command line, debugging.
- Bachelor???s degree in Information Technology/Business or related field is preferred, in lieu of degree equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 2 to 4 years experience in similar or related role.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC.