Summary: The Senior Front End Developer makes certain the eCommerce website looks and functions appropriately for all who use it. This role has expert understanding of Web programming languages and coding standards to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences while also having a keen eye for detail. The Front End Developer works closely with a talented team of Information Architects, Visual Designers, and Developers from concept through production. This role is instrumental in fulfilling the company’s vision and providing advanced solutions for our E-Commerce site and related digital marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of E-Commerce related design and development experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads front-end development efforts for project from conception to implementation.
- Write standards-compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Works with Visual and UX Designers to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences, microsites, HTML emails, and other digital media.
- Ability to take graphic files and translate them into functional experience on web and mobile platforms.
- Participate in the functional requirements definitions for new or modified applications
- Work closely with internal development and design teams to ensure flawless integration with back-end technology and a great user experience
- Maintain continuous contact with all internal and external stakeholders through the project and after completion making sure features are delivered with high quality and on time.
- Help with and manage production tasks
- Perform code reviews
- Expert knowledge of HTML, HTML5 and CSS
- Expert knowledge of user experience best practices and ability to implement solutions based on unique needs of specific users
- Proficiency with Adobe CS.
- Familiar with interaction design and information architecture methods and principles.
- Knowledge of the user-centered design theory and demonstrated participation in an application of study findings to range of past projects.
- Experience developing UI optimization for small screens
- Knowledge of W3C standards and SEO principles
- Strong attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Train and mentor junior designers.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating work flow, while meeting deadlines.
- Experience with E-Commerce websites
- Solid understanding of Responsive Design
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Portfolio required.