Front End Architect - NYC
We're looking for a strong and senior Front End Developer to join our highly collaborative team focused on developing cutting-edge, cross-platform web applications. Not only do you have superb technical skills, but you have a knack for translating highly technical concepts to clients and cross-discipline team members. You're a creative problem solver, strategic thinker, and have a passion for delivering pixel perfect products to our clients.
Work you'll do
• Develop cutting-edge web applications that perform superbly across all platforms.
• Work in a highly collaborative environment with cross-functional teams on projects ranging from a few weeks to a few months in length.
• Clearly and concisely communicate highly technical challenges and solutions to client and non-technical team members.
• Maintain high standard of quality as you creatively and strategically problem solve throughout the product delivery process.
• Be able to effectively communicate your work with both technical and non-technical peers
• Be excited about new web technologies/techniques
• Build solid back-end architectures that integrate easily with other systems and technologies
• Understand design patterns and write reusable, modular code
• Working closely with other disciplines (Front-end, UX, Design, QA)
• Have a superior attention to detail and a strong ability to Q/A one's own work required, including cross-browser and cross-platform displays and performance
Our Digital Customer team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the "creative digital consultancy" real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
•Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
•Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
•Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
•Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
•DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
• 4+ years building modern web applications/sites in a professional environment
• Minimum of 4 years in semantic HTML5 and CSS3, and comfortable with preprocessors
• At least 1 year experience with server-side scripting languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, etc)
• Comfortable with version control, preferably Git
• Comfortable with techniques and methodologies around responsive design and development
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and guidance
• Experience customizing Content Management Systems
• Experience administering a LAMP-based server
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Background in user experience and/or design
• Involvement in open source projects
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.