Personalized Investing Engineering (PIE) builds innovative products by leveraging technologies that personalize our clients' investing experience. Products include thematic investing, digital advice and financial planning. You will bring in broad and diverse engineering expertise and will team up with our product stakeholders in solving fun challenges and creating exceptional experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with expertise in building reliable, responsive and performant front-end web applications. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment, who are not afraid to stretch themselves and focus on impact and growth.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at
What you have
- Above all else you love solving software problems working with your team on leveraging technology and tooling.
- You're curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on the project, platform, and the organization.
- You can distill hard problems, turning them into actions.
- You are strong as an individual, but you hold teamplay above everything.
- You hold a high bar to ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered, and maintained.
- You have high degree of comfort operating in an ambiguous environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or Boot Camp training.-
- 7+ years of enterprise, client facing, software development experience.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS and build tools like Webpack, Rollup, Grunt or Gulp.
- Have deployed at least one complex UI platform, developed from scratch, with custom components and features and the highly complex domain model.
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs in Java or .NET Core.
- Expertise in event driven architecture and RabbitMQ or Kafka messaging frameworks.
- Expertise in relational or document-based databases like PostgreSQL or Mongo.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platform technologies (i.e., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, PCF).
- Experience with Test Driven Development, we take full ownership of our code and its quality.
- Solid understanding of Git, GitHub, CI/CD tools and DevOps principles.
- Have been operating in Scrum/Agile environment and have excellent communication skills and ability to successfully resolve issues across multiple development teams.
- Strong desire to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
Target Total Compensation -$121,000 - 201,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.