Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the sixth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob Summary
**Remote work possible / work from home opportunity**
**West Coast Geography highly preferred**How would you like to help with modernizing & migrating a suite of existing on-prem customer facing applications into the cloud? Separate from the cloud migration initiative we are also working on a new greenfield application which is being constructed using cloud-native AWS serverless technologies and looking for additional help in the build effort.
This is new position on a newly created team. All developers on this team are located onshore. We have a separate dedicated production support team which handles the front-line support items but there but there may be situations where you will need to come in and help with remediation efforts. The existing on-prem applications are heavy Microsoft stack using a mix of .net framework & .net core using C# with SQL backends. The existing front ends we are using a mix of Angular and asp.net MVC.We are looking for a senior full stack developer with strong experience in .net Framework & .net Core development as well as experience in building or migrating applications to AWS ideally using serverless.Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used:
- Full Stack application development experience
- Experience building cloud native capabilities in AWS and leading application migration efforts
- Performs maintenance & support on customer facing business applications.
- Ensure that all solutions are implemented securely
- Provide technical guidance and coaching for less experienced team members
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs
- Fluent in C#/.net & SQL Server
- Fluent in AWS foundational services & experience with serverless services (Lambda/Dynamo/etc)
- Expertise building solutions in the cloud with an emphasis on performance, security, resiliency, & observability
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- iOS and Android development experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.