- Participate in project solutions within the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), through brainstorming sessions with IT Team
- Participate in design meetings and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Develop architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, participates in analysis and design of test plans
- Maintain technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Assist in development of Drupal functionality using contributed modules, core API, along with creating custom modules
- Understanding of APIs as it relates to decoupled apps or service oriented architecture
- Work with end users to determine system requirements and updates
- Should be able to adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project
- Perform quality control on all products and deliverables to ensure product releases are fully documented based on industry best practices and SDLC methodology being utilized
- Support concurrent initiatives specific to infrastructure and software development
- Support the installation of software components in testing and production environments
- Maintain comprehensive testing plans, provide test results, and recommends corrections to senior developers
- Participate in meetings with the IT team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress
- Support end-to-end project plans and ensuring timely delivery, issue escalation/reporting
- Assist in other reasonable IT tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 6+ years of web development experience
- BS Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, OR, High School GED with an additional of work experience related to the duties of the position.
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal (Setup, Configuration, Modules etc.)
- Experience working in LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/MariaDB/PHP) stack.
- Must have experience in OOP (Object-Oriented-Programming), also adhere to coding standards and documentation.
- Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others.
- Drupal 7 and 8, Composer, Drush/Drupal Console, PHP 7
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Have worked with Jira, Bitbucket/Github and Git/Mercurial
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.