We are seeking a Senior Full-Stack Engineer with 8+ years' experience as a product-focused software developer (4+ years with React; 2+ with Typescript) to join our growing tech team.Please note that at this time we are unable to support C2C or 1099.
In our organization, full-stack engineers can be working on any of our user-facing products. On a day-to-day basis, you could be doing anything from building out user interfaces in React to building out authentication flows and data layer integrations. In this role, you will be the most senior full-stack member of our US-based engineering team and you'll be responsible for contributing to decisions around tech stack, third-party library choices, software architecture, testing strategies and more! You'll also play an integral role in technically mentoring and growing more junior members on our team.
A little about our product tech stack:
- Our primary programming language is Typescript
- We are using Next.JS to build out our new web-based product experiences
- We are looking to build out native mobile experiences as well - we are currently looking to leverage our existing responsive web experiences using Capacitor.JS or similar but have also had experience with React Native
- We are using Contentful as a CMS to drive our marketing websites
- We are using Auth0 as an identity solution for authenticating nurses
- We have a team building out a scalable data layer. That team is building out APIs / services in Python - the full-stack engineers would be building products that integrate with this layer
- In general, we deploy our software in AWS in EKS / Kubernetes
Reporting to our Director of Engineering, you'll be a hands-on coder who leverages your previous experience to ensure best practices and offer advice and reviews on architecture, design, and implementation.
What you'll be working on:
- Architecting solutions, building features, creating tools, maintaining code, and writing tests for new and existing products
- Providing technical leadership, code reviews, and mentoring to fellow engineers
- Contributing to the evolution of our tech stack selections to meet business needs
- Work with the product team to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into an effective technical solution.
You'll bring to the table:
- 8+ years experience as a product-focused software developer
- 4+ years experience with React
- 2+ years experience with Typescript
- In-depth knowledge of HTTP and REST APIs and how to best interact with these from React
- In-depth knowledge of unit/integration testing in the React ecosystem using Jest or similar
- Experience with Next.JS or a similar React-based SSR/SSG framework
- Experience effectively organizing and mentoring more junior staff technically
- Experience with React Native or Capacitor a bonus
Pay Range: $130k - $175k/yr, based on location, qualifications, and experience
Benefits package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Company-paid Life & Disability insurance, 401K w/ employer match, Paid Time off, Paid Parental Leave, and Tuition Reimbursement
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.