Join our team of over 5,000 employees globally, who provide the insights through data and next generation technology that help millions of people find, buy and protect the homes they love. From the beginning, CoreLogic has been driven by a single purpose - to innovate and create solutions that solve our clients' toughest challenges in the housing market. CoreLogic is the trusted source for property intelligence, with deep knowledge of powerful economic, social, and environmental forces that promote healthy housing markets and thriving communities.
We apply that same dedication to creating a diverse and inclusive work culture that inspires innovation and bold thinking. A place where individuals can work on small teams, feel valued, and directly impact the real estate industry. We believe our team members are the best in the business, and we will continue to recruit, retain, develop and reward our most important asset - our people!Job Description:Full Stack Rails Software Engineeropportunitydescription
We are a fun and exciting web application and Big Data company. In order to meet an ever-increasing public demand, we are looking to hire a Lead Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer with outstanding webdevelopment and leadership experience. This is an exceptional opportunity for a great developerto become the lead engineer of a small, growing and profitable, venture-backed company.
Looking to make a move? This position will work from our offices in downtown Worcester, MA. (Read furtherabout our location, below!) Relocation assistance will be offered for the right out-of-areacandidate.What You'll Be Doing:
Leading the incorporation of new features to our newly rearchitected and most popular product.
Serving as the Sr. developer and team lead in the technical development of our other realestate and map-based information products
Solving challenging problems working with massive datasets that include crime statistics,schools, lifestyles, neighborhoods and more
Working in an Agile environment writing code and tests you can be proud of
Keeping existing products up-to-date with the latest technologies, architectures, andstandards
Advise other parts of the business on technical capabilities and options
Working alongside a nimble, cohesive engineering team
Collaborating with PhD Geographers and Statisticians to create new, disruptive productsWhat's In it For You?
- Help people improve their lives, and businesses improve their bottom lines, by helpingthem find their ideal locations.
- A casual, fun working environment, solving some of the most exhilarating Big Dataproblems in the industry, alongside a team that's as passionate as you are about this stuff!
- Competitive salary and great benefits (401(k), medical coverage, 5 weeks paid personal time each year)
- Great work/life balance, with 40-45 hour work weeks the norm!
- Long-term stability with a venture backed start up that is already profitable and growing
- Investors include the Founders of MapQuest and CoreLogic
- OpenStreetMap, Google Maps API,Mapbox, Amazon AWS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- We use all of your favorite tools: JIRA, Confluence,Bitbucket, HipChat, GitHub, Chef, Puppet, Basecamp, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
- Yards away from commuter rail hub, highway, pubs, restaurants and coffee shops.
- 5 miles in any direction and you are in quaint New England towns with nationally-ranked schools,historic charm, and great housing options (and we would know, we're the experts!).
We are a small, high-end geospatial analysis Company born of university research,specializing in location-based decision-making tools:analytics, information and data. We licensegeospatial risk analytics and SaaS products for a host of business to business applications, and runthe largest neighborhood search engine in the world, and "the mosttrusted source for choosing a neighborhood," according to Money® Magazine.Job Qualifications:Required Skills & Experience:
An ideal candidate would also possess:
- 3-5 years designing and implementing complex, data-heavy web applications
- 2-5 years' experience with Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL / relational databases, AWS
- Experience with design and building Web API development
- Experience as a small team leader, tech-lead or similar role
- Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
- Proven, effective ability to work with others
- To be passionate about your craft and entrepreneurial in thinking about how engineeringcan solve business problems
- DB: PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Redis, MySQL
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Github, Chef, Puppet
- Continuous integration, Version Control Systems (configuring Jenkins, Semaphore)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual
CoreLogic's Diversity Commitment:
- Experience or exposure to Agile/SCRUM is ideal
- Experience HAML, SASS
- Data mining experience
CoreLogic is fully committed to employing a diverseworkforce and creating an inclusive workenvironment that embraces everyone's uniquecontributions, experiences and values. We offer anempowered work environment that encouragescreativity, initiative and professional growth andprovides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are better together when we support and recognize our differences. EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability:
CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer committed to attracting and retaining thebest-qualified people available, without regard torace, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity, age, disability or statusas a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basisprotected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogicmaintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please apply on our website for consideration.