Senior Java Full Stack Engineer Cognizant's Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Java engineer with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable,
enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering If you're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value-by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation. Location:
Charlotte, NC or Remote
Currently remote and open to remote candidates; however, we prefer candidates to be based in the Dallas metro area or willing to relocate. Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
- Development in Java, Spring Boot, Microservice API while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing, designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- 5+ years' of coding experience in Java, Microservices, Spring Boot, API Development in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Proficient in Core Java technologies & Spring framework
- Hands-on experience in the development of RESTFUL web services & Spring Boot based microservices
- Angular or React presentation framework experience
- Working experience in database and storage such as Oracle, MS SQL server, Mongo DB, or Redis, etc
- Understanding of digital transformation and Cloud computing such as AWS, cloud native application development
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and process and CICD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo
- Understanding of security and identify concepts and familiar with authentication, single-sign-on, directory services etc.
- Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. and UNIX scripts
- Excellent communication skill and participates actively in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements envisioning system features and improving functionality