It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
Proofpoint is looking for excellent software engineers to join the Threat Response product team.
Proofpoint Threat Response is a new product that revolutionizes how customers manage the increasing volume and complexity of cyber-attacks. The explosion of new threat detection technologies are creating a huge volume of security alerts that overwhelm manual security response processes and lead to delays or errors that can land companies in the headlines. Threat Response closes the gap between cyber-attack detection and containment by providing a platform that unifies security infrastructure, allowing customers to analyze and respond to security events in real time.
Engineers on the Threat Response team have full-stack responsibility - technical flexibility is important as some touches CSS while another updates a library in Linux kernel. We are working on a new product so there will be many opportunities to be creative and innovate in this role. Ideal candidates will have broad technical experience in multiple areas, creative problem-solving skills, a love for coding and technology and a healthy dose of self-motivation. Everybody on the team is passionate about their work and we're looking for similarly motivated "get stuff done" kind of people to join us. Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- Take end-to-end ownership of design and implementation of product features
- Write great production-ready code on schedule.
- Play well with others! Be a great teammate and help us maintain our positive culture.
- Be ready to adapt and pitch in on other projects as needed.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Strong coding skills in an object-oriented language required (Java, Python, Ruby, C++/C)
- Commercial experience with web application development
- Experience with Java ORM is highly desired (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange or Gmail is a plus
- Knowledge on Linux System, virtualization, Container is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!