Reimagine the investment experience:
Asset Management is changing rapidly, and Vanguard must evolve constantly to offer the best for our clients. New developments in virtual delivery means that the Senior Front-End Engineer will enhance online investment experiences for a broad range of nonprofit organizations and corporate clients. Utilizing their ambitious nature and UI expertise to break new technological ground, this hands-on role will provide strategic insight on new ways of working through extensive and ongoing research while working alongside of UX design and the business to turn ideas into beautifully crafted responsive web applications.In this role, you will:
- Work on a cross-functional product team where your deep understanding of design layout and behavior will be called upon to translate advanced designs into accessible, semantic markup and responsive web pages.
- Collaborate with product owners, UX designers, data analysts, scrum masters, and developers to develop a world-class user experience. Recommend and effectively explain improvements in functionality, and UX elements that enable users to achieve their goals. Be an expert in building working relationships across divisions.
- Research, advocate and implement industry standard coding methodologies to improve workflows through the selection of evolving technologies and tools that your team will use to build expert-level user experiences.
- Develop and continually improve client-side and server-side architecture for web applications. Maintain reusable component libraries for design patterns. Incorporate content management system into the application architecture.
Focused on creating great user experiences, you'll harness your passion for technology in the interests of our investors and turn design ideas into workable interfaces. Your excellent interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills will put you at the heart of major projects, where you'll have every opportunity to enhance your expertise. As part of our highly regarded team, you'll build new skills as fast as you build your industry profile.What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or design (or equivalent training and experience)
- At least five years of industry/field-specific experience, including substantial hands-on involvement in front-end development
- Expert knowledge of the UI/UX design practices and concepts to create highly interactive interfaces
- Working knowledge of backend technologies (Node.JS, Java)
Vanguard is not providing sponsorship for this position About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.