[Position Title], Civil MapsSan Francisco, CA.*About Us
Civil Maps, provider of 3D mapping technology for fully autonomous vehicles, has raised a $6.6 million seed funding round from Ford Motor Company, Motus Ventures, Wicklow Capital, StartX Stanford and Yahoo cofounder Jerry Yang**s AME Cloud Ventures.
Civil Maps** mission is to make it possible for fully autonomous vehicles (SAE Levels 4-5) to drive anywhere smoothly and safely. Through artificial intelligence and vehicle-based local processing, Civil Maps converts sensor data into meaningful map information built specifically to direct fully autonomous vehicles. The company will use the seed investment to accelerate product development and deployment with a number of leading automotive companies and technology partners.
Civil Maps** artificial intelligence software aggregates raw 3D data from LiDAR (high-resolution laser imaging), camera and other sensors onboard autonomous vehicles and organizes the information into machine-readable maps. The information is vastly more actionable than today's map data and requires only a fraction of the data storage. Thanks to this light data footprint, Civil Maps** spatial information is far less costly to transmit over cellular networks, enabling the company to easily crowdsource, update and share road data in real time**a major improvement over the lengthy processes that require human annotation in current use. As a result, the company can quickly generate and maintain maps that give fully autonomous vehicles the comprehensive and precise knowledge to autonomous operate safely and smoothly on all roads.Job Description:
Role Responsibilities* Investigate and develop technical concepts and solutions for new generation of services linking vehicles to the cloud and mobile devices.* Develop flexible, performant, and polished web content, utilizing latest development paradigms while collaborating closely with UX/UI designers.* Designing, developing, and maintaining network services and distributed systems, with particular attention to RESTful interfaces, microservice architectures, and potential for scalability.Out-of-the-box thinking by adding.*Qualifications:
* Experience with developing web front-ends focusing on modular and maintainable systems with high performance.
* Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining RESTful services.
* Experience with optimal integration of internal/proprietary, third party, and open source technologies to solve complex problems in a customer-centric manner.
* Proficiency in Linux.
* Familiar with key development and collaboration tools (git, Jira, Confluence etc.).
* Familiar with the design & analysis of computer algorithms and data structures.
* Advanced knowledge of networking and distributed systems.Desired Skills:
* 5+ years** experience with common back-end frameworks such as Spring, Play, etc. and associated software development paradigms.
* Experience with common front-end frameworks and technologies such as JQuery, Bootstrap, EJS.
* HTML5, CSS3 (and CSS preprocessors), responsive design, etc. and associated software development paradigms.
* Basic knowledge of SQL/ORM as well as NoSQL principles and practices.
* Familiar with development and deployment on cloud systems such as AWS (using DynamoDB, ElastiCache, etc.).
* Experience in implementing microservices and back-end architectures in highly modular deployments.
* Experience managing streaming and heavyweight data in an efficient and scalable way.
* Experience in a collaborative and interdisciplinary research environment.
* Familiarity with mobile development on Android and iOS.
Civil Maps has excited customers who are eager to use the products that we create. Be part of a passionate team of bright minded individuals who work on autonomous vehicle technology in an environment based in team work and collaboration. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.