As a Senior Engineer, you will assist in the full-stack development of our applications and services for our product portfolio. Specifically, the Full Stack Engineer will enhance, improve, develop & maintain back-end services used across our entire technology platform. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer that is proficient with Ruby and some other front-end framework like React. As a team member, you will get to...
- Contribute to the development of our product portfolio, primarily built with Ruby, React, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with business and technical professionals across the organization to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages. We take development seriously! Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books and materials....we want you to grow your skills with us.
- Mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
What you will bring to the team:
As a Senior Engineer, we are seeking those who can effectively collaborate and communicate with various teams and work independently. A successful member of our team will learn and understand the overall business objectives. The Software Engineering team is contributing to the overall development and improvement of the services/products we provide for our customers.
- Experience interpreting & refining business objectives into actionable requirements, having delivered large scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 10+ years of experience using a modern programming language. Ideally you're already proficient in Ruby but lack of it won't automatically disqualify you; our collective team background includes Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, Erlang and C++. Show us you solved real, non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we'll be interested in you.
- At least 5+ years experience developing systems with Amazon Web Services technologies; ECS/API Gateway experience a big plus.
- At least 5+ years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- At least 5+ years of experience building out Restful API's and consuming 3rd party API's.
- At least 5+ year of experience with React or some other front-end framework
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker a plus if you have it, but not required.
- Experience executing deliverables within an agile environment.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.