Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
Do you want to be part of the transformation that's pushing forward a truly data-driven company? Are you ready to collaborate and innovate with a team responsible for changing the customer experience using the latest technologies? As a Senior Graph Database Developer
on the GEICO IT squad, you'll thrive in a fast-paced innovative culture that turns data into information and uses that information to drive action. One focus is our Single View of the Customer (SVOC) initiative where we will be utilizing Graph to create a true 360-degree view of our customer. As part of this team you will be designing, creating, and populating customer centric data stores necessary for deriving valuable insights in real time to provide tailored customer experiences. As a senior developer you will have the opportunity to mentor more junior associates and help grow our team.Candidate Qualifications:
- At least 2 years experience in designing, implementing, and operationalizing graph data models with DataStax (or other similar platforms)
- Strong skills in graph query languages (preferably Gremlin), search/index (Solr or Lucene or ElasticSearch), Cassandra, and Hadoop tooling
- Proven track record of implementing scalable and resilient data access methods for productionized graph databases
- Expertise in core Java (and/or Scala)
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
- Experience in Spark core, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Python, and Kafka
- Working knowledge of Graphframes and Machine Learning
- Experience with implementing Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture applications
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.