id Software is looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer
to join our team and work on legendary id games for PC and next-generation console systems. If you are passionate about rendering and want to help define, create and deliver the industries best visuals at 60+hz then this may be the position for you. You must have excellent problem solving skills and a desire to work in a fast paced, creative and team-oriented collaborative environment. It's a plus if you written one or many rendering back-ends either personally or professionally.
Position based in Richardson, TX. Will consider remote. Responsibilities
- Work with our R&D group to bring new technologies to light.
- Find opportunities in developing technology trends that can keep Zenimax titles and services ahead of the curve.
- Work well with other team members and divisions to realize new technologies.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- Work on performance, optimization, and other technology features as required.
- 5+ years game industry programming experience
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience
- Extensive GPU and Shader experience
- Able to work towards group macro goals and not just personal lines of inquiry.
- Able to work with group leadership to advocate for new research opportunities worth team inquiry.
- At least one, preferably multiple, AAA titles shipped as a credited rendering programmer
- Experience with one or more explicit APIs like Vulkan, DirectX12, or Metal
- Extensive experience with a legacy API like OpenGL or DirectX9-11
- Familiarity with global lighting methods, dynamic lighting, shadow rendering and related concepts
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Solid architecture and software design ability
- Passion for graphics programming and staying on top of current techniques
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable experience
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.