The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
In Enterprise Ground Systems Engineering you will be participating with multi-discipline teams that support the customer in developing Enterprise Ground Systems. The work provides opportunities to apply new ideas and learning to critical customer needs. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- The primary customer is Enterprise Ground Services
- We provide systems engineering leadership and support in many areas. Some of these areas are:
- systems architecture development using model based systems engineering tools
- requirements definition and management
- developing interface specifications
- leading software services development teams
- managing traditional systems engineering processes such as risk and opportunity management
- The successful candidate will support several activities as they learn the program and meet the customer. After an introductory time, the focus of the job will narrow to a couple key areas. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed.
- There is a critical need to provide enterprise ground services that minimize if not prevent stove-piped systems. Stove piped systems can lead to duplication of effort and systems that can't communicate with each other. The successful candidate will support the effort to move to true enterprise systems that communicate with each other.
- The job will require competencies in people skills such as collaboration and communication, accountability to keep commitments, and the ability to strategically frame problems and plan for resolution.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree from an accredited STEM field program
- 12 or more years related engineering experience
- 5-10 years of experience supporting medium to large sized programs
- Ability to work and communicate in team environments comprised of diverse organizations
- Willing to travel domestically occasionally (approx. 5%)
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced degree (Masters, or PhD) from an accredited program in STEM field
- General broad based experience supporting the systems engineering functions detailed above
- Previous experience in software service development and test processes
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement