Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.Responsibilities
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To work on an Agile Team to design and support solutions for a Peoplesoft HRMS 9.2 system. The modules include HR, Payroll, Base Benefits, Benefit Administration, Recruiting. In addition, provide support for Kronos, Silkroad, Talemetry, SuccessFactors and Bridge LMS.
- Leads simple or contributes to complex implementations of system enhancements, new systems and system upgrades, as well as related business process improvements.
- Plans and organizes work and resources to execute systems initiatives
- Mentors and directs the work of others; may have direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other teams
- Resolves complex issues involving a suite of integrated applications without supervision
- May provide leadership to Agile Team.
- May lead a software evaluation
- Works with minimal supervision
- Perform Quality Assurance Testing for developers
- Develop Test Plans
- Troubleshoot and identify source/root cause of reported application/data issues in Peoplesoft and work with developers to resolve issues where needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with ten years relevant work experience
- At least six years of relevant work experience required
- Experience with Peoplesoft strongly preferred:
- HCM Core HR, Position Management, Manage User Security, Write/Update Queries, Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, People Tools, Ability to read/write SQL
- Kronos Workforce Central experience strongly preferred:
- Ability to configure basic timekeeping elements, Write reports, Manage User Accounts
- Cloud Systems experience preferred:
- Talemetry, Silkroad/Red Carpet, SuccessFactors, Bridge LMS
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Good analytical, verbal and written skills required
- Proven project management skills
- Participate in continuous improvement events
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Interact with users for system clarifications and requirements
- Write system and process documentation
- Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to perform job duties, approximately 25%
The job level may be modified upward based on the qualifications of the candidate Benefits
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment InsuranceEEO Statement
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.