Senior Hacker - Hybrid Work Location
Tenet3 is seeking an experienced software security engineer to serve as the firm’s senior hacker. The senior hacker will use their security-focused experience to evaluate both software and cyber-physical systems to identify vulnerabilities in their design, implementation, and operation of those systems. The senior hacker will be a thought leader in the company and will mentor R&D scientists and Solutions engineers in the art of software security assessment.
Essential Job Duties
- Evaluate software in source, intermediate, machine code, and binary forms to discover vulnerabilities. Document & communicate vulnerabilities and develop mitigations.
- Conduct security evaluations of embedded and host computer systems, spanning hardware, operating systems, software, and networked devices. Develop security audits from both a logical/theoretical standpoint and a technical/hands-on standpoint.
- Create clear and compelling reports that translate evaluations into customer risk assessments.
- Lead security engineering efforts that make Tenet3’s infrastructure and product code bases even more resilient against attacks.
- Provide mentorship to junior and senior engineers in the art of software security assessment.
- Strong comfort in C and C++.
- Comfortable with assembly analysis and programming for x86, ARM or other architectures.
- Deep understanding of Unix OS internals and corresponding system libraries.
- Familiarity in network pen-testing and web application security concepts.
- Familiarity with vulnerability management and scanning best practices such as CVE database and the CVS System used for scoring vulnerabilities.
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal, communication skills using MS Office tools, Markdown, and LaTeX.
- An attitude demonstrative of high potential teaching and mentorship ability potential.
- Adaptability to adjust assessments and systems as needed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Eligibility for Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Experience with embedded, SCADA, or avionics systems.
- Experience with nmap, Metasploit, and pen testing tools in Kaliin Kali Linux.
- Experience with fuzzing tools such as AFL or Peach.
- Technical certifications such as GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) or Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP).
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering is preferred; other technical degrees considered.
- At least 10 years of experience in engineering or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in software/firmware reverse engineering, hacking and/or bug hunting.
Salary and Benefits
- $120k - $160k (paid relocation available)
- Hybrid work location available
- Very competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call “explainable security.” This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you, your talents, and your experience to drive our success.