Hadoop Administrator / Data Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL (Rosemont)
Type: Contract to Hire
Contact: Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: this individual will be expected to work on-site in Chicago (once it is safe to do so; all employees are currently working remotely). Unfortunately this client
What will your day look like?
You will assist the organization through the continued build-up and operationalization of an enterprise class Modern Data environment, including various components within the Hadoop stack. Resources to do the job require substantial hands-on experience working with the technologies encompassed within the Hadoop technology stack while also having knowledge and capabilities as a systems developer.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Responsible for day to day operation and support of Hadoop and Modern Data environments
- Collaborate with data center and systems engineering teams on all cluster infrastructure setup, software installation, testing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, tuning/optimizing, troubleshooting, maintenance
- Collaborate with development and strategy teams on component and 3rd party tool identification, recommendation, installation and management of Spark jobs
- Collaborate with the data architecture and Infrastructure teams in technical investigations, development, and prototypes
- Collaborate with Corporate IT function around integrating Hadoop ecosystem(s) with critical enterprise systems
What makes you a great fit?
- 5+ years’ Cloudera or Hortonworks experience in IT Data Development or Data Related Support teams and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Proven development and operational experience within Hadoop ecosystem (Spark/Python, HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, etc.), preferable with Hortonworks or Cloudera distribution
- High proficiency in Java, SQL, and Linux shell (Scala/Cascading experience a plus)
- Expert knowledge of key data structures and algorithms in Hadoop, Cloudera or Hortonworks systems
- Experience with the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process such as change management, defect and issue tracking, to resolve data issues or to implement development enhancements
- Hands on experience with monitoring tools (preferably Ambari, Nagios, etc.)
- Familiar with OS, network configuration, protocols, and enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos
- Knowledge of metadata management and governance capabilities using Atlas
- Familiarity with Data Science notebooks such as Apache Zeppelin, Jupyter
- Automation experience with Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Prior experience working in Financial Services industry preferred
- Project Management experience with agile and project management methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
Forbes Technical Consulting LLC
401 N Franklin St- Suite 3S Chicago, IL 60654