Find out why eXcell is the employer of choice for contractors! Join eXcell and enjoy our generous employee benefits!
* * * Senior Hardware Technician Required * * * Contract to Hire Opportunity * * *
Senior-level hardware technician needs to be self-managed, highly organized with excellent communication skills, and experienced with the latest Dell equipment.
Troubleshooting and resolution of hardware failure, installation, repair, and replacement. The Hardware Technician also is responsible for the coordination and execution of computer moves within the corporate office. Position includes providing top tier corporate computing systems support. Responsibilities also entail development and maintenance of a productive relationship with vendors, business partners, clients and members of other Information Services teams. Position requires the organizational skills to be successful in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer equipment and peripherals devices
- Work with vendors on facilitating warranty and non-warranty part replacements for computer equipment
- Coordinate the procurement and installation of computer-related peripherals
- Perform coordination of proactive and preventative maintenance of business systems, assist in planning of hardware refreshes and equipment procurement
- Manage, maintain, and purchase computer inventory following company s procurement and inventory management practices
- Work with business partners and customers to manage and facilitate equipment moves
- Provide root cause analysis of current issues and work with other department staff to remediate quickly and efficiently
- Manage relationships with vendors providing products, solutions and/or services to IS needs
- Ability to effectively manage and update work queue through IT Service Management tool
- Develop and maintain overall documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
Additional preferred experience, education, etc.:
- CompTIA+ Certification
- At least 5 years of end-user hardware repair support in a hands-on corporate environment
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, ability to juggle and track many tasks and complete them in a timely manner
- Proven project and delivery management skills
- Extensive technical expertise in the hardware configuration of PC and Mac endpoints
- Experience with vendor management for procurement of hardware inventory and associated peripherals
- Experience using / managing the functionality and workflow with IT Service Management tool
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Knowledge and skills:
- Dell Tech Direct hardware certification on OptiPlex and Latitude LOBs
- AppleCare Mac Technician certification
- Experience working in a highly secure or DOD environment; knowledge of both technical tools and industry standards
- Familiarity with NIST, NISP, DFARS, and other DOD compliance documents and standards
- Current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundations certification preferred
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.
- The successful candidate will have strong customer service and technical background within a dynamic IT environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to work well as a part of a team as well as be a self-starter
- Exceptional relationship management and performance management skills
- Strong desire to acquire new skills and learn new technologies
- Ability and desire to act as an advocate for user and business needs