The Senior Identity Governance & Access Software Engineer on the Identity Governance and Access team works closely with the team and leaders to design, develop and maintain system access automation platform/components that support H &R Block Identity Governance and Access Management framework. Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices as a Software Engineer and Information Security professional to develop automated SOX controls certification, automated user provisioning/deprovisioning, and automated user access governance. Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects. Works closely with the QA, Windows, UNIX/Linux, Database, Corporate systems and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach. You will play a key role in the delivery of new IGA capabilities and automation services to facilitate mature, compliant, processes for the team. You will lead progression of the IGA roadmap initiatives from intake through completion, collaborating with other teams, both internal and external for the delivery of new identity governance and access services.
What you'll do...
• Designs, develops and maintains software components
• Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
• Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system.
• Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
• Understands Information Security, business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
• Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans
• Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
• Coordinate integration efforts, including the design and development of integration requirements for automation in provisioning, user lifecycle management, role-based access control, and access certifications.
• Works with vendors and partners to develop and manage the program.
• Establish effective working channels with the operations team to ensure successful handoff of delivered IGA capabilities and services.
• Collaborate with program and project management resources to set appropriate expectations on project initiatives to ensure that we meet or exceed those expectations through the high-quality delivery of services.
• Integrate with IT teams (Windows, Cloud, Applications) to ensure the Identity Governance team is well equipped/informed to support any upcoming new applications or services.
• Develops strategic road maps for the Identity Governance and Access systems and program.
• Develops enterprise wide standards for identity, governance, and access management.
• Use current information security best practices to optimize the management and maintenance of a company wide access control program.
• Complete other tasks/projects assigned by the manager.
What you'll bring to the role...
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in creating and maintaining an identity and access management program in a large, complex organization.
• Demonstrated understanding of modern Identity, Governance & Access Management concepts and best practices required.
• Strong negotiation and people skills.
• Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience with directory management such as LDAP/Active Directory solution.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
About H&R Block...
H &R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H &R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.